Thursday, August 20, 2009

Final week: social networking

So, here we are at the end of the process

I was persuaded by my daughter to join Facebook, so I have some awareness of the process, but I feel that this is more for personal use and not necessarily something that I could see a practical use for in a Library context - although, it could be set up with some sort of specific context (e.g. Book group patrons) so that there wouldn't be all the (mindless) chit-chat that occurs on Facebook.

Unfortunately, the link to the videoclip from the Commoncraft show didn't work, so I couldn't watch it.

Looked at the map from LeMonde showing the popularity of different services around the world. It didn't matter that I don't speak French!!!

The article "Applying a new social media framework" was very interesting and gave some food for thought - maybe there are some uses in a Library context ....

Had a look at a couple of the examples suggested (British Library Facebook page and Coshocton Public Library's Animanga Club) - looked very interesting but I still don't feel that we have the resources (people or time) to go down this path (as yet)

Tried to go onto the Second Life Library (alliance Virtual Library) link but received the following - We are unable to locate the region "Caledon VictoriaCity" - just a tad disappointing.

I completed the Feedback Survey and now it's "Au revoir" .....

No comments:

Post a Comment